As Kondoa historically has remains of human fossils, is also historical town for St Gemma Sisters of Dodoma as well.
Historically Kondoa, was first prefecture of Dodoma Catholic Diocese, as head quarters, before moving to Dodoma, now The Arch Diocese
Originally, the congregation started in Kondoa. Therefore Kondoa is our first formation and genera-late house. In 1938 after the blessing of the first residence of the postulants, religious formation officially started. In 1945 was first novitiate and Sr. Basiliana became the Novicemistress whom in 1947 the first FIVE novices professed. There after, followed local formatters in different terms up to date.
Due to rapid increase of the members, the need for a more fertile land was found at Lumuma in Mpwapwa District-Dodoma region, by the Bishop Jeremia Pesce also a Passionist. In 1958 the whole formation groups moved to Lumuma.
Mother house community is comprised of the following ;
Juniorate house for the junior –newly professed sisters
Formation house for the Aspirants and the postulants.
Projects; St. Gemma Computing centre
Basiliana Pre – Primary School.
Proposed St. Gemma; Primary School and Secondary School in the near future.