ST. Gemma Sisters of Dodoma is a diocesan institution that was founded in 14th September 1947 at Kondoa, by the late Monsignor Stanislaus Ambrosini, a Passionist Father. To day Kondoa is a new Diocese which once was part of Dodoma Diocese.
The Diocesan Congregation of St.Gemma Sisters of Dodoma, are mainly of Tanzanian domain. MERCY and PASSION our CHARISMs, are executed the missions of PASTORAL and SOCIAL activities. Roles taken by St Gemma Sisters are medical care in Hospitals, Health Centres and Dispensaries. Child Education in spiritual and physical teachings, from kindergarten to Colleges, care of vulnerable groups of community members such as orphans, children with mental disabilities, care of children born in prisons, formation for religious, as well as youth and Parish ministry.
There are about 400 professed nuns, and the candidates in various stages.
EXPANSION of working Location: Dioceses of Dodoma, Kondoa, Singida, Tanga, Morogoro, Archdiocese of Dar es Salaam, Archdiocese of Arusha and Italy.